I started out by applying three coats of OPI’s Pink Friday from the Nicki Minaj mini collection released January 2012. Pink Friday is a creamy light bubblegum pink that applies streaky so I need every bit of the three coats to even out the color. It also takes a long time to dry. If you apply carefully you will most likely be just fine, but I found that I had trouble with large air bubbles coming to the surface, I think that this is mostly due to user error/frustration with the streaky formula. The color lies somewhere between a light pastel and a bubblegum pink. I would be reluctant to use it again, but if you really like the crazy color combinations in the Nicki Minaj collection I would invest in the OPI mini bottles like I did.
Here is how I made the cute dinosaur (mostly to cover up the horrible bubbles).
1) I painted my nails with three coats of OPI’s Pink Friday.
2) Then I applied a coat of Seche Vite which improved the overall smoothness of Pink Friday.
3) Then I used my homemade dotting tool to make the dinosaurs (see the diagram below) I started out with the oval body, start with plenty of polish on the dotting tool and drag out the dot until you get an oval shape. Drag out a tail to one side. Make the dot for the head you are done with the first color.
4) Then using a second corresponding color make a tiny dot for the eye and 4 to 5 dots on the back of the dinosaur.
5) Make as many dinos as you like, I only did one on the ring finger and thumb nails and apply a top coat.
Thanks for reading it is hard to believe that this is already my 50th post.